• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do I no longer accept returns of NGC, PCGS, ANACS or ICG coins sold on eBay?

63 posts in this topic

So, Michael, you're saying that since you're mad at "sleazebay" you should take it out on the customers?

i am not mad at sleezebay nor their customers, in fact i could care less; all i did was respond to james' thread and i am certainly entitled to do this which i can see you did not like so you put words in my mouth

as i have never been on sleezebay

nor ever bought anything from sleezebay

as i am not even registered

sleezebay is a for profit private company and if you cant play by their rules then leave their sandbox and go play somewhere else and/or start your own auction internet service

if you choose to play you got a great chance of getting burned by most all of the sleezy peddlers who sell on sleezebay

Michael, I was not trying to put words in your mouth. I was having trouble understanding your post, which, like this one, leaves a little something to be desired in the grammar department. I was asking - hence, the question mark - if that was what you were saying.

I still don't understand your point about playing by "sleezebay's" rules. They don't have any rules regarding no returns being allowed on certified coins. If I'm just misunderstanding your posts, sorry.

I still don't understand your point about playing by "sleezebay's" rules. They don't have any rules regarding no returns being allowed on certified coins. If I'm just misunderstanding your posts, sorry.

I will try not to put words in either Michael's mouth! But what I think Michael is trying to say is that "sleezebay" ( lol I like that term) has created rules that draw a clear line distinguishing between what is "certified" and what is "raw". Therefore, it follows that bidders are separating their intent when they bid on either type of coin.

Furthermore, for "certified" coins, eBay requires an image of the whole slab, but they care nothing at all about the slabbed coin, as no requirements are made for coin images. Taking this to it's logical conclusion, it follows that the bidders for "certified" coins are truly buying the slab, and not the coin.

Which brings us back to my original position that since NGC has already guaranteed the slab, why must I provide an additional guarantee?

Michael, I hope I did your argument justice.

you hit the nail on the head james----------- thanks

pendragon--- i apologise, i understand my way of thinking but i can see that i cant quite put it into words so everyone understands my thoughts as i think them