• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can rest now...

13 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon everyone,

I worked 70 hours this week and on Friday, I left work around 10pm. After working 70 hours, I had to treat myself but with no coin shops open, I decided to have a beer and a shot at the local pub by me.

I decided to throw $20 towards "QuickDraw", I played 5 numbers, $2 for 5 games and played "QuickDraw Extra". The first draw ran and I got one number, I had my shot, sipped by beer, looked at the screen....1 number, 2 numbers, 3 numbers, 4 numbers.... oooh, so close... another close one... and on the final ball... my 5th number came up. I went home with an $1,800 ticket. Needless to say, I made more in 10 minutes than I did in 70 hours of work smile.gif

The key coin I need is going to be around $150, the other one I need... maybe $20. I'm figuring on putting $1000 in the bank and the remainder towards a coin show. The Yankees, 70 hours, QuickDraw... it's been a pretty lucky week.

-Dave

The two coins are the 1932-D Washington Quarter and the 1976-S Silver Washington Quarter... Those two coins will complete my set.... although I do have a few I want to upgrade. I'd also like to add a page to the collection that includes the different varieties (DDO, DDR..etc)

I picked up a 3rd die, 1934 Washington Quarter a few weeks ago... it's in Fine but I had to have atleast one example of it.

-Dave

I'm tossing things around but I'm one of those budget conscious people... this is one mortgage payment, two months of day care, a season of heating oil? ....

...but then the little kid inside likes the frosted side smile.gif so I figured since this is more like discretional money, I might as well do about half and half... half savings, half spending.

-Dave

Good Afternoon everyone,

I worked 70 hours this week and on Friday, I left work around 10pm. After working 70 hours, I had to treat myself but with no coin shops open, I decided to have a beer and a shot at the local pub by me.

I decided to throw $20 towards "QuickDraw", I played 5 numbers, $2 for 5 games and played "QuickDraw Extra". The first draw ran and I got one number, I had my shot, sipped by beer, looked at the screen....1 number, 2 numbers, 3 numbers, 4 numbers.... oooh, so close... another close one... and on the final ball... my 5th number came up. I went home with an $1,800 ticket. Needless to say, I made more in 10 minutes than I did in 70 hours of work smile.gif

The key coin I need is going to be around $150, the other one I need... maybe $20. I'm figuring on putting $1000 in the bank and the remainder towards a coin show. The Yankees, 70 hours, QuickDraw... it's been a pretty lucky week.

-Dave

Very Cool.Congrats popcorn.gif

Wow! Congratulations on your good luck. However I admire your hard work much more.

My grandfather always advised me that money was like horse manure, one should always save some, use some and spread some around. I don't deal with manure much so am not sure how good the comparison is but still thought his advice was pretty funny laugh.gif

Congrads! While you are spending that dough don't forget to take a time out and smell the....coins! insane.gif

jom