• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Money Show PHX

5 posts in this topic

Well this was my first large coin show.Parked at the east garage parking area for 8'4 and over had my Landcruiser with fold up tent on top.Walk to show got in line showed picture ID

entered. First stop ANA booth renewed membership received 4 Jefferson Dollars as change

cool.Started walking first Boy Scout displays nice to see young people there.Then to the US Mint stood in line for proof set with the AZ state quarter then on to Bureau of Engraving display love to watch artist at work very interesting and the 1.2 million in 100,000.00 bills

was inviting except for the guards.Then looked at coin folders ,flips air tites ext cheaper on line plus no tax.Walked and walked till I had to sit down tons of gold and silver most in slabs didn't see many sales being made.Stopped at PCGS two young lady's there no customers talked to then could hardly hear them very soft spoken or maybe I'm going deaf

which is likely.Last stop NGC a few shield nickels and gold Indians the nickels was thinking about sending in to NCS for a tune up asked a fellow who turned out to be David Lange when i read his name tag had a nice talk about coins and told him how I had enjoyed his book on coin collecting boards and how i had read most of it in one long sitting almost all night. He was my first coin author very nice guy from what I could tell and I'm good at telling.Well by then it was time to go was dieing for a cigarette and I do mean dieing spoon

well stopped in the smoking area outside the hall and met grader from ICG named Mike

Ellis gave me his card another nice guy. Had a good time and will do it again.

Doogy how many forum members live in or around the Phoenix area .We should all meet

dinner or drinks or someplace like Scottsdale Pavilions when they have car night or whatever they call it sometimes my Toyota Land Cruiser club goes there right off the 101

Would be nice to see who I'm type to