• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would this Ch. I Shilling get BB'd?

5 posts in this topic

I've asked in the Ask NGC forum but often it takes quite a long time for an answer, any thoughts from you guys would be welcome. Planchet is not the best, but I've seen worse.

Charles1TowerOBV.jpg

Charles1TowerREV.jpg

Hi there

Nice Charles I 1639-40 Tower mint Class 4-D you have there.

as you probably know the class 4-D issues were often struck on irregular flans so i don't think that your coin would be knocked back due to that.

I am questioning some of the toning on the coin, but that could be the photo

i have some hammereds (and a Celtic) over the pond at NGC at the moment so i don't think you should have any problems if the toneing is natural

good luck dooly :devil:

Very nice early shilling. Hey dooly, is there a book specifically about shillings, or do I need to get a general English coin book? I am working on a shilling type set by monarch, and want more info.

Very nice early shilling. Hey dooly, is there a book specifically about shillings, or do I need to get a general English coin book? I am working on a shilling type set by monarch, and want more info.

Wow you must be loaded ! any chance of a sub !! :baiting:

there are a couple of books but unlike the American collectors the uk do not go in for specific books on types of coins "well not that i know about" there is a one about crowns which is like chicken lips..

What kind of book do you require IE hammered-milled, hammered alone, complete listing or general/type listings etc

all the best dooly :devil:

Ps i have a 1746/45 Lima NGC AU55 if you want and its only $2.000 lol

Wow you must be loaded ! any chance of a sub !! :baiting:

Not really. I haven't gone past George III yet and I am going for choice VF-EF coins, so I really haven't spent much money on it yet. Eventually I plan on going back to hammered stuff, but not yet.