• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Move over, Austria gold Philharmonic bullion coins

5 posts in this topic

Good evening, everyone.

I don't know if this is of interest, but I guess the rise in the value of silver has not gone unnoticed by the Austrian government. Austria issues gorgeous gold bullion pieces, but I just ordered the new 1 ounce silver piece with the same design. I wonder if maybe South Africa and other gold bullion coin issuers will jump on board? Gee...maybe 1 ounce copper coins will be next.

RI AL

Gee...and I thought I would be first with the 1 oz copper coins!! My wife and I worked in an American school in Peru for 4 years, for a copper company high in the Andes mountains...and when I think of all the tons of copper we saw back then...just amazing. Wish I had sent home a few freighters full...

RI AL

What was I thinking! I totally forgot about an even earlier 1 oz copper coin, and they made a two oz piece as well Matthew Boulton and the 1797 one and two pence cartwheels. (in the early 19th century token issuing period there were also privately minted 3 oz three pence and a five oz six pence. There have been other large copper coins as well but they were not issued in whole oz divisions.)