• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Todays pickups on eBay. guess everyone was having a day off

22 posts in this topic

Hi all been hunting again today and seemed to have little or no competition for a change.

all the photos are the sellers and the coins could be well different when i get them in the hand. and at least one will be getting sent for conservation if it is up to grade when i receive it

The last coin is a bit of a test for you to identify the seller had it wrongly listed and i picked it up for as song !! :cool:

As usual feel free to comment/ Grade/ attribute etc

ENJOY (thumbs u

First purchace of the day

2930_1.jpg

2a00_1.jpg

2nd coin

4fc6_1.jpg

573b_1.jpg

3rd coin

7402_1.jpg

7eeb_1.jpg

And a little tester for you all WHATS THE COIN & WHERE'S IT FROM ?? also what grade would be nice also !

1975_1.jpg

hm

im going to have to say el cazador spanish 8R. it looks like my rev now that i look but the obv is different .

Guess we are going to have to start helping out .. it is a 1 real hence the 1R on the obverse.. any new guesses

This is a "new plate" coin minted in Spain. New plate refers to the 20% reduction in the value of reals minted in Spain in relation to the reales minted in colonial Spanish America. This variety of coin was frequently called a "head" real in the British colonies to distinguish it from the more valuable "portrait or modified pillar" real minted in the Americas. The more valuable American coin included the modified pillar reverse with the crowned Spanish arms while the Spanish new plate coin displayed only the crowned Spanish arms.

On the reverse to the left of the crowned Spanish arms is an R1 for the denomination Real 1. The "NG" I think is where the coin was minted, and the "M" is the assayers inital.

Hi all just picked this one up now i must go to bed nice chatting with you all

1863-head.jpg

1863-reverse.jpg

night night

This is a "new plate" coin minted in Spain. New plate refers to the 20% reduction in the value of reals minted in Spain in relation to the reales minted in colonial Spanish America. This variety of coin was frequently called a "head" real in the British colonies to distinguish it from the more valuable "portrait or modified pillar" real minted in the Americas. The more valuable American coin included the modified pillar reverse with the crowned Spanish arms while the Spanish new plate coin displayed only the crowned Spanish arms.

On the reverse to the left of the crowned Spanish arms is an R1 for the denomination Real 1. The "NG" I think is where the coin was minted, and the "M" is the assayers inital.

Almost bsshog40 you are the best yet you have just got to give me the country ..nice one

see you in the morning (thumbs u

Coin Type: Spanish Bust

Denomination: One Real

Ruler: Carlos IIII

Mint: Mexico City

Date: 1794

Assayer: NG

Metal: Silver

Grade: VG-6

(shrug)

Coin Type: Spanish Bust

Denomination: One Real (thumbs u

Ruler: Carlos IIII (thumbs u

Mint: Mexico City :flamed:

Date: 1794 (thumbs u

Assayer: NG :flamed:

Metal: Silver (thumbs u

Grade: VG-6 (thumbs u my gess aswell

(shrug)

Getting there (thumbs u

P.s i picked this up for the opening bid (while i was asleep) from the USA for the opening bid (thumbs u and with a bit of TLC i think it should come out of the muck with a nice little Grade..

MVC-134S.jpg

MVC-135S.jpg

happy hunting :devil: