• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations to Rexcat!

19 posts in this topic

This cool cat has entered into the [font:Comic Sans MS]1000 Club[/font] for the number of views to his NGC type registry.

Check out Paul's set. It is worth the peruse since he is a connoisseur in his niche. (thumbs u

Siskel & Ebert say two thumbs up!

[font:Comic Sans MS]

CURRENT STANDINGS

Score: 48478

Points to next rank: 483

Leading by: 22

Date Score Achieved: 1/16/2008

Views: 1000[/font]

Leave it to Victor seeing that coming, lol I think he's at my collection more than I am. :baiting:

Thanks Big E for noticing and the props, and thanks guys for all the kind words!

I'm glad you all have enjoyed viewing my type collection. I do regret that there has been so many views before I got around to adding some descriptions, I've been planning on doing that but it's more fun to take photos of my coins instead. (shrug)

I feel that a lot of the enjoyment of collecting coins is being able to show them to others, it's really great that NGC has set up the registries to make this possible on the web with collectors from almost anywhere, (being able to list both PCGS and NGC slabs made it an easy choice where to set up my set also). I also like browsing through peoples sets, well if there's photos that is, like it's been said before; without pictures a registry set is not much fun.

Hey Chad, the Trade Dollar is in my top three favorites,(it's just too hard to pick one :insane:), well here's another:

1937-nickel.jpg

A few strikes earlier and that Big Buff would have been a full cameo.

Sweet Coin, Pablo!! :luhv:

Beautiful set, Paul!

My favorite coin in your set is the '39 RE half.

Beauties!

[font:Century Gothic] [/font]

How can a man ever find a coin like this??? Paul, what's the story on this one?

2513727-005O.jpg

Beautiful set, Paul!

My favorite coin in your set is the '39 RE half.

Beauties!

[font:Century Gothic] [/font]

How can a man ever find a coin like this??? Paul, what's the story on this one?

]

I tell for you,

I found this coin raw at a coin show, the Mid-America show in June of 1996 (back when that show was in Milwaukee). It was late Saturday afternoon, the dealer who had the coin showed little interest in selling this or any coin and didn't seem to care much at all for this half. I don't remember what he said, but I still can clearly remember his over all bad attitude and letting me buy this coin for $5 over greysheet VF bid (which was $60 at the time) due to his poor opinion about it.

I've have always thought this coin was a really cool find and a solid VF30, in hand it almost seems to have a soft glow to the toning.

After having some other raw silver type coins bagged for cleaning or what not I was just hoping this coin would slab. When it came back in a EF40 holder I was nicely surprised and glad it could now be in Cat's Meow. :banana:

Howdy, Winston. Were have you been? Getting youy pectoral implants removed? :o

Oh, you earned those pecs, did you? (thumbs u I hear you, bro.

Nice to see you posting.