• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to dust a coin?

6 posts in this topic

I just got some air-tite direct fit cases for my individual proof presidential dollars and was wondering how to keep the dust from static from clinging inside the case before putting the coin in and closing the case? I tried using white cotton gloves to wipe out the inside, but it seems to make the dust particles worse. Would using a StaticMaster Anti-Static Brush or StaticWisk antistatic brush (the kind used on film negatives) be useful to wipe the inside of the case and cut down the static cling? I tied a blast of air from a dust-off can, but it won't get rid of all the dust I see through my loupe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I use the canned air to blow into the capsule before I put the coin in. It blows away and dust/lint that got into the capsule.

Ditto. I also squirt a little before I put things in 2x2s as well, but I guess I'm just OCD

I also spray some in the 2x2's before a coin goes in. OCD all the way.

You mean I am not the only one who buys canned air by the case??? :insane:

Scott :hi:

I buy it by the 8 pack (or 6 pack, I forget). I'm a little leery of the new stuff, though. It contains a bitterant, and I'm not certain whether that might impact the coins in the future.