• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for certain foreign coins...music related

11 posts in this topic

Hello again.

Though I still have VERY foggy vision from cataract surgery #1, I have decided to continue to try to find some elusive foreign music coins for my collection. None are rare, but I'll be darned if I can find them. Can anyone recommend a dealer that does want list service for non-pricey foreign material? I have a bunch of pieces I would like to get little by little....some of which have been on my "need" list for several years.

Challenge #1...TONGA, KM-160 1993, Richard Wagner 1 pa'anga

Many thanks.

RI AL.

Can't help you with the Tonga coin. How about a Jamaica Bob Marley coin? Affordability? They were also issued in silver in 1995 and 2005. :cool:

slab-marley.jpg

Nice coin there, Trozau. Is this part of your collection or might it be for sale?

Thanks.

RI AL

Hello again, Trozau.

I just found your "E-Bay about me" link and learned that the Robert Marley coin is among your prized possessions. Yes...it is a beauty!! I have added the Marley coin to my "needed list" and I appreciate your sharing the information about this issue and the photo of your beautiful coin.

Many thanks.

RI AL

Hello, and THANKS!!!

I'm on the hunt as we speak for the Robert Marley coin. I really appreciate your pointing me in the right direction!!

RI AL

For classical music there are the Weiner Philharmonic gold coins from Austria. They just minted a 1.5 Euro version in pure silver. Germany has many commemoratives for their celebrated composers of the past.

Hey, guys. Thanks for the new tips on Music coins. Just got a 1 ounce silver Philharmonic and have many of the German issues. Unfortunately...some guy on E-Bay :frustrated: outbid me on a long searched for Germany KM 76 of Goethe (Beethoven connection). The hunt goes on. Keep those suggestions coming and thanks!

RI AL

Conder tokens. Hmmmmm...I have heard the term, but know nothing about them. I thinmk they are British (??) but that is the extent of my knowledge. Guess I might do the E-Bay thing and get educated.

Thanks!!

RI AL

Yes, Conder tokens are English (and Welsh, Irish and Scottish) tokens generally issued between 1787 and 1800. They began as "emergency" coinage due to the lack of genuine regal small value coins in circulation, primarily farthings and halfpennies. By the mid 1790's they had became a collecting fad and a number were created for collectors of the day. There are also a large number of types minted as political statements.