• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on these proof half dollars- 1962,1964....

11 posts in this topic

I picked up some proof sets yesterday for a really good price at the B&M...here are a couple of highlights...they were horribly fogged but I thought they had potential. They got a quick bath in some VERY diluted ez-est, and I was surprised with the results. I'm just learning about these so I have a question-will they make cameo? The contrast is better in hand than the pics show...

64kennedyobv.jpg

64kennedyrev.jpg

62franklinobv.jpg

62franklinrev.jpg

What are all the lines in the fields? Are these cleaning lines or die polishing lines? They might get bagged.

I think the franklin will but the reverse letters on the kennedy will keep it from a cameo. IMO

I have to agree. But the 1962 is the easiest proof Franklin to find in "cameo".

Given that you say the cameo is thicker in hand I'd say they probably would cameo. They would both almost certainly star.

They have an excellent chance.

They look like very nice examples. Congrats.

I really should get some of the e-zest or ms70 stuff.

The both have milk spots, but they are really bad on the Franklin. I won't buy a Proof coin with very many milk spots. They drive me crazy. :insane:

Thanks for all the feedback. I got the sets for $13 each, along with 5 unopened 1962 sets for the same price (i opened them- nothing special)...I think I'll probably include these on the next economy submission and see what happens!

I would check first. I believe that NGC considers coins after 1955 to be the "Modern" tier.

You lost me here..................what are you saying??

Duh! Never mind. Rwading is my weaker suit and understanding what I just read even worse,

So 1955 cannot be on an Economy syubmsiion?