• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THEY'VE ARRIVED!!

35 posts in this topic

In January, I mentioned that I found a source for reference works on medallists, The books arrived on Saturday, but I wasn't at home so I got them today. I've got a lot of reading to do!

Chris

53692-_MG_2147.JPG.0097cb4eb0c211da3158938add21b9bc.JPG

Whats that a couple hours of your time :)

lol

The first thing I want to do is gather the pertinent information for each of my medals using index cards and set up a card file.

Chris

Chris----- Well, we sure do know where to go from now on if we have questions. Seriously though, it is a fine example of "buying the books".

I also feel a drift in your collecting---- more to medals?? Good luck with the reading. Bob [supertooth]

I also feel a drift in your collecting---- more to medals?? Good luck with the reading. Bob [supertooth]

Drift .. Drift .. He is more like DRIFTWOOD ... From One wood headed thing to another then back again hehehehhe

Yeah, bummer that the last 3 volumes were damaged. :(

You have so reading and organizing to do, Chris.

(Say it like Ricky does: "Lucy, you've got som 'splainin' to do") :grin:

You mean using a pen and paper .. How archaiic

Yes, I mean exactly that! It also helps improve your spelling instead of using "Spellcheck" (which I don't, anyway). By the way, there is only one "i" in archaic. :devil:

Chris

Yes, I mean exactly that! It also helps improve your spelling instead of using "Spellcheck" (which I don't, anyway). By the way, there is only one "i" in archaic. :devil:

Chris

That was to highlight the "i" for icckkkky

Chris----- Well, we sure do know where to go from now on if we have questions. Seriously though, it is a fine example of "buying the books".

No, Bob, I'm still collecting the coins more than medals, but I've gotten away from buying on eBay because there is just so much junk one can take being billed as high quality. As far as my Morgans are concerned, I'm finding myself becoming more of a follower of michael's advice............in hand only!

The medals are extremely lovely, and you can see how these pieces of art have inspired so much of the early coinage. The biographical information about the artists is very interesting to me.

If anyone ever needs some background information about any of the medallists, feel free to ask. It will be as much of a learning experience for me as it is for you.

Chris

Drift .. Drift .. He is more like DRIFTWOOD ... From One wood headed thing to another then back again hehehehhe

Okay, everyone, Mike seems to have made a full recovery. As a matter of fact, I think the surgeon made a mistake and forgot one of his tools inside..................his funnybone! Let's not feel sorry for him any more.

Chris

Chris

That was to highlight the "i" for icckkkky

Are you suggesting that you are a fan of the "KKK"?

Chris

heheh - I was hoping to go to work today but I had my son drive me to the shop yesterday for paper work and the bumpbump bump made me queezy. I will ride it out until the post op exam on Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday back to the grind ...

Where is the funny bone .. ??? I think mine was removed long ago ... and was replaced by 'dry' humour more suitable for Dry/Arid areas like a desert where it will not be heard ... :makepoint:

KKK - That acronym doesn't apply to me :) - I just hate everyone !

The quicker you learn that - the faster we 'may' like one another :insane:

I hope this doesn't mean that you won't be on the boards for six months.

Now, who in their right mind would miss me?

Chris

Chris

These little guys have been talking about you all day-

bigcrab1.jpg

Chris

These little guys have been talking about you all day-

bigcrab1.jpg

I'm glad to see that you left some for me! :devil:

Chris

Well at least now you will have something to do on those bored days at work!! lol

Are you out of your mind? Do you think I would lug them back and forth?

Chris

Excellent Chris. Be sure to share interesting facts you uncover. And of course I may be asking on a few of mine.

Rey

Fire away, Rey!

Chris