• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody else?

5 posts in this topic

Anybody else have a tinge of regret as they took their coins to the melting man? As I gathered up my dateless, bent, holed, cleaned, and just plain ugly silver I felt bad. Especially the dateless standing liberty quarters and mercury dimes. I didn't mind the 1964 dimes, quarters or halves so much since they were minted in such large numbers. Just wondered if anyone else experienced some remorse. :cool:

I take mine to my local dealer. He then turns and resales them. I do not feel soo bad about that as I know some kid may just buy the coin and get started with the bug :)

None-what-so-ever !

Worth more at melt than common value in P1/AG or dateless culls ....how did I ever accumulate them anyway.

Anything with any possible worth , beyond melt AND in decent condition, and NOT rare , gets either traded , given away , sold , or goes into an album , but not in that order.

I do. Even my junk, was a part of my collection. To give it back is sometimes hard for me, even though the proceeds will go to more coins.