• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1836 Half

8 posts in this topic

I am in the process of possibly purchasing this one. What do you think about grade cleaned not cleaned and the $80 price is firm. Sorry no reverse pic but a 7 day no questions asked return privelage. Thanks mvc079soo1.jpg

Looks OK for 80 bucks to me. Hard to say if cleaned and retoned or not from those pics, but for the price, I don't think it matters that much.

I would definitely pass on this Bustie, which I doubt will satisfy the grading services. For $80 you should be able to buy an encapsulated VF.

I agree with you, Dooly. I believe I would pass on this coin due both to the damage and grade. You should be able to find a raw coin in VF for that money without damage. Good luck, however you go.

Jim

I like it, and contrary to Mozin's advice, I would not generally pay $80 for a slabbed bust half, because that would be nearly a 50% unwarranted "tax" on the coin - $55 for the coin, and $25 for the slab.

I think the coin is acceptable, and the price is fair.