• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats going on with this 1853 dime ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have just acquired this 1853 arrows Dime and i was wondering on the grade and what was going on with reverse {please see arrow}

1853.jpg

1853r.jpg

1853a.jpg

Cheers dooly :devil:

And i just got out bid on this one on eBay :o sniping soandso

1853HALFDIME.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160213318966&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=006

should i have bid more ??

Looks like a die clash - it's about the right position for the two folds in the gown on Liberty's right leg.

About the other coin that you didn't win - what would the winning bid be in dollars?

Nice PU Dooly. Looks like an Obverse 5-MediumDate(both arrow tops touch base and both tips touch denticles). I believe this might grade AU but certainly upper EF. The clash may be right as their appears to be something going on between the top wreath leaves and again off the upper crown of the 1st 'S' in States.

Is the Obv 5 medium an uncommon type ?

i think you are both right about the clash there is some traces inside the D also which dose not show on the scan