• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005-6-7 SMS COINS

6 posts in this topic

iM NEW TO THIS AND WAS WONDERING WHAT DETERMINES THE COIN IS AN SMS? ARE THE SMS COINS THOSE IN THE UNCIRCULATED SET? AND THE ROLLS FROM THE MINT ARE NON-SMS COINS? i'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING CERTIFIED NON SMS COINS

THANKS

BWM

iM NEW TO THIS AND WAS WONDERING WHAT DETERMINES THE COIN IS AN SMS? ARE THE SMS COINS THOSE IN THE UNCIRCULATED SET? AND THE ROLLS FROM THE MINT ARE NON-SMS COINS? i'M HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING CERTIFIED NON SMS COINS

THANKS

BWM

Welcome. First of all, please find Caps Lock on your keyboard and turn it off. Secondly, you are correct. The SMS coins some from Mint Sets, and Business Strike coins are found in rolls.

I don't think Chad was too tough on the new poster who I also welcome here. In my experience it is quite difficult to read text that is all caps and I would pass over a longer question without comment if all caps were employed. In my opinon, Chad was simply letting the new member know that it might be best to use lower case, too.

The reason you have problems finding non-SMS coins in slabs is because they take extra care with the SMS coins so they are much more likely to be found in the higher grades. Since many people just chase the number and don't pay as much attention the SMS part it is easier to supply the demand for high numbers with SMS coins. (But you will notice that when you find a high number with a non-SMS coin the price is MUCH higher usually.