• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP 1807 Bustie

10 posts in this topic

I finally pulled the trigger on one. I like this coin, and believe it to be properly graded. Will comment more later.

100_1403.jpg

100_1404.jpg

Only negative I see is the rim ding above Miss Liberty's cap. It also shows on the reverse, so it is not just the edge lettering spilling over. 1807s are always nice to own.

This coin is the popular O-112 50/inverted 5 variety. This one is housed in an NGC XF-40 holder. The coin appears to have 30-40% of its remaining luster, so I believe it to be properly graded. The coin appears to have had an extended stay in an envelope and may or may not have had a dip in the past. The ding at 12:30 may or may not be a ding. Would need to free the coin from its tomb to inspect it. The metal at that point looks a little malformed rather than misshapen from a bad hit. But the holder hides the truth of it all.

This is a coin that is growing on me. I am really happy with this one, and I appreciate all of your comments and appreciation.

:grin: