• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1949D Die crack nickel?

3 posts in this topic

that was done at 300DPI. Is this a die crack of some type. I know that little shiny thing looks to be something from wear but how the 2 cracks run to it has me wondering if this is some sort of die crack. Living most of my life in the Paper room. One thing that Ive learned is if something looks interesting and catches my eye while counting out better swap it out and ask questions when I get home. let me know what you all think . thanks

53475-nickel49d.jpg.59db8149071c55fe1a4b0142947d568b.jpg

Appears to be a lamination flaw that occured in the blank planchet. These flaws happen when the sheets of metal are rolled out to the proper thickness and then are punched out of the sheets.

Although these are interesting, they do not bring much of a premium due to the numbers of Jefferson nickels that are out there with these kinds of flaws.