• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I got a call from NGC today.....

18 posts in this topic

Out of the blue my cell phone rings at work and it's an NGC employee that is currently processing my submission. I thought maybe I had screwed up the order somehow.....filled out the invoice incorrectly or something but......

The processor noticed the great toning on quite a few of the reverses of the coins I sent in and wanted to know if I wanted the coins reverse holdered hm

I did originally want that but since there wasn't a spot on the invoice to really list that on a per coin basis I just scrapped the idea. So here was NGC proactively reaching out to me based on their review of my coins to extend a courtesy in order to meet or exceed my expectations :o I know this is something they commonly due for larger scale dealer and I know that anyone can request it but.......they actually contacted me based on their experience with toned coins :applause:

I was quite surprised and this is just one more reason that NGC will continue to be my grader of choice. It's the little things like this that keep me coming back so KUDOS to NGC :acclaim:

That is very cool! Now let's hope that we don't read a thread two weeks from now complaining that none of the coins were reverse-side up. hm:o:insane:

or that they were mislabeled......Morgans in Frankie holders lol

also not to steal this thread but i think it needs to be said here :)

ngc also is fixxing the problem for the people who have been having problems getting the coin into regestry. they were so cool there, and verified each 1 with me. great job!

I'm not a big NGC fan but that is a fantastic thing they did there. I don't know how many times a simple issue on my orders at PCGS could have been fixed by a simple phone call saving weeks of frustration.

When they received my last submission I received an instant phone call from a rep about something I had mis-marked on the submission form and got it fixed immediately. You can't beat NGC's customer service. (thumbs u

Out of the blue my cell phone rings at work and it's an NGC employee that is currently processing my submission. I thought maybe I had screwed up the order somehow.....filled out the invoice incorrectly or something but......

The processor noticed the great toning on quite a few of the reverses of the coins I sent in and wanted to know if I wanted the coins reverse holdered hm

I did originally want that but since there wasn't a spot on the invoice to really list that on a per coin basis I just scrapped the idea. So here was NGC proactively reaching out to me based on their review of my coins to extend a courtesy in order to meet or exceed my expectations :o I know this is something they commonly due for larger scale dealer and I know that anyone can request it but.......they actually contacted me based on their experience with toned coins :applause:

I was quite surprised and this is just one more reason that NGC will continue to be my grader of choice. It's the little things like this that keep me coming back so KUDOS to NGC :acclaim:

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thats pretty darn cool. I have afew nice reverse toners and like the idea of that.
A good number of submitters feel that way, but I don't. Every time I see a coin holdered reverse face-up, I start preparing myself for a not so nice obverse when I turn it over. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by seeing the colorful reverse after the obverse, as opposed to seeing the reverse first.

Thats pretty darn cool. I have afew nice reverse toners and like the idea of that.
A good number of submitters feel that way, but I don't. Every time I see a coin holdered reverse face-up, I start preparing myself for a not so nice obverse when I turn it over. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by seeing the colorful reverse after the obverse, as opposed to seeing the reverse first.

Good point!

Chris

Personally I mainly look at the nice side of whatever coins I have (if one side is significantly better than the other), so I much prefer reverse holdering if the reverse deserves it.