• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any error collectors out there?

5 posts in this topic

OK...dinner's in the oven so I can post these 2 quarters in hopes of starting an interesting connversation...as usual.

The first one has a little spiky thing in D in UNITED...a worker slipup I'm sure

The second one....well...what's UP with the mintmark? It almost looks like a D/S to me...but I don't think there ARE any...especially since the S mint coins of the era stopped in 1955. It sure would we cool though...maybe I could trade it for JustBob's half dime collection???

RI AL

dunited.jpg

messedmintmark.jpg

Al, as much as I would love to claim those half dimes, I'm afraid that you are confusing me with Bill Jones. I can understand your confusion, though, since we are both rich, debonair, and strikingly handsome! :D

Al, as much as I would love to claim those half dimes, I'm afraid that you are confusing me with Bill Jones. I can understand your confusion, though, since we are both rich, debonair, and strikingly handsome! :D

Not to mention, damn good BS'ers! lol