• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know of Federal Certification Service

3 posts in this topic

At the same time NGC was started, 1986, so was Federal Certification Service.

Unlike NGC, FCS only lasted 3 years. They photographed the coin(placed the photo on a card) placed the coin in a 3x6 cardboard with a cutout for the coin, graded it, dated it, and sealed it and the photo card in a soft plastic casing. Any ideas as to who they were, why they folded, and were the coins fairly graded?

Thanks all who respond.

Jim

I know OF them, but unfortunately not specifics such as company owners or location They had two differnt holder varieties. Interestingly on their second variety they offered a double your money back guarantee on the grading. . . and took their name off the holder so you wouldn't be able to track them down.

I have one of their coins graded in 1986 and sealed in a cardboard holder. I feel the grade represents only the best side(reverse) and that the obverse should have been a grade lower. Just curious as to their demise.

Thanks Conder.

Jim