• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help here please.

5 posts in this topic

I just purchased two MS 70 early release Platinum $10 2007 coins certified by NGC. When I got the second one in the mail I opened it and was comparing it to the first one. When I flipped it over I noticed that the reverse was totally different. So I went to the Mint website and the reverse for 2007 shows a eagle with a shield. The second coin I have has the eagle flying away from the sun which is 2008 reverse. Did they make two different reverses for the platinum coin in 2007 or do I have a major error on my hands??? Thank for help with this.

Mark

The eagle with shield reverse is for the burnished Pt coins while the eagle flying away from the sun is for the bullion Pt coins. They are both regular issues.

The ones from the bullion dealers has the same reverse every year.

The ones purchased from the mint have a W on the back and get the same reverse as the proof coin which changes every year.