• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's the best place to get a gummed tape dispenser, new or used?

12 posts in this topic

Is it because you don't like the taste of the glue or is your tongue too small? lol

Most office supply companies should carry them. Why don't you check online, first, and save yourself some time.

Office Depot

Office Max

Staples

Chris

I just bought 2 of these in the last few months for work. I have had and still use a "Better Pack" 333 It is manual and you should find used ones rebuilt for around 200-300$ range. They are well worth the cash. I have 2 others that are like 20 years old and they work perfect.

I just bought 2 of these in the last few months for work. I have had and still use a "Better Pack" 333 It is manual and you should find used ones rebuilt for around 200-300$ range. They are well worth the cash. I have 2 others that are like 20 years old and they work perfect.

Jeff, good info - more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I know these beasts are expensive for what they are. I've seen automatic electronic versions for upwards of $800!

If I can buy a nice used one - and I don't mind at all if it's manual - and save money, I'd like to do it.

Do you have any leads for me?

Thanks.

Maybe it's just my pain killers, but I am in shock, and had NO idea that there were SO many devices out there for moistening paper tape.

My Post Mistress was kind enough one to give me one of her sponges (non-inflated and a little holder it came in. Moisten, slide tape over it, and SHOULD to the trick.

Frankly, I found the results disappointing.

For those of us who don;t have to do these EVERY DAY, ALL DAY, I can only offer advice based on what I do:

I just get a clean sponge, which I use solely for the paper tape. Get a dinner plate. Moisten sponge. Depending on length of piece of tape cut, I will either lay the tape on the plate and slide the sponge over the tape, OR I will hold the sponge down and slide the tape across the sponge.

WHICHEVER METHOD I USE, I always cut a number of pieces first, for instance I always cut tape that will cover the corners first, or tape that will extend beyond any noticeable opening.

Just a suggestion, for what it's worth.

I DO, however, get compliments from my Post Mistress about how neatly my packages are done, and how securely. So, I must be doing something right -- either that or she likes that I am as obsessive compulsive as she is :insane:

We get ours by the master carton at the “Gummed Paper and Q-Tip” megabox store. It’s over 4 acres of gummed paper, q-tips and some cotton balls – check out lines are long, but move along quickly. Didn’t realize so many people needed huge quantities of this stuff….wonder what they do with it? Recently, we’ve seen a lot more cats wrapped in paper tape at the Post Office – guess they are being shipped Registered Mail someplace. Not sure about the Q-tips – sticks for individual-size frozen treats?