• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof Franklin Halfs

2 posts in this topic

I have a set of Proof Franklin Halfs in a Capital plastic holder. The set is from 1950 through 1963 all Philadelphia minted. My question is can I send the holder with the coins to be graded or do I have to take them out and send them seperately? I was thinking it would be better for the coins to have your experts take them out if needed. Thank-you-I'm new at this.-Richard

The peferred method of housing your coins when submitting them is to place them in hard type 2X2 or 2 1/2X 2 1/2 flips. Coins in original mint packaging may be submitted in that packaging, though you would not receive it back. I understand your concerns in sending proof coins. You could send those coins in the Capital holder but, as with original mint packaging, you would not receive the Capital holder back when your coins are returned.

Chris, NCS