• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cert number lookup URL?

12 posts in this topic

NGC gives the census report free but you pay for the Certification No. lookup.

PCGS gives the Certification No. lookup free but you pay for the census report.

You figure it.

Carl.

This is correct. Before I was a member I called NGC for a few certification validations and received them with no problem. I beleive that you can also ask NGC via E Mail.

Don't know about PCGS as I never tried and had no need for the Population numbers and just looked up the certification numbers.

I don't know why anybody wouldn't spend the $99.00 .especially when they can look up both the Certification numbers and the Numismedia values and then there is the free voucher.

Using the free voucher as well as being able to purchase the NGC Storage Boxes at $5.99 has payed for the $99.00 alone.

I don't know why anybody wouldn't spend the $99.00 .especially when they can look up both the Certification numbers and the Numismedia values and then there is the free voucher.

Well I don't slab coins, I won't buy slabbed coins, I have no use for the voucher, I don't know why I would have any need to look up anything up on Numismedia. I seldom use any price guides. So I can think of better things I can do with the $99. So there is at least one person where you now know why they wouldn't spend the $99. :)

I suspect that you are in the Minority.I was referring mostly to people who are starting out and need all the tools until they at least reach a certain level of experience.

The situation does exist where people that are not informed bid or pay inflated prices for coins. While this may be advantageous to the Seller it can be a disadvantage to the Buyer and others who might be interested in the same area.

I read an article in the latest Coin World where CAC has been making successful inroads and its success seems to be based mainly on the fact that Newbies want the added Security.

It seems to me that Coin collecting is slowly getting away form the joy and knowledge of Collecting to an area where the work is being done by another party.

Sort of like the situation where one hires an Investment Counselor for an area rather then do the actual legwork himself/herself and gain a knowledge of the Industry.