• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone like Mint Set toners? New 1958 set just imaged

25 posts in this topic

I have had some nice luck with Double mint sets lately but imagine my suprise when this set arrived and the back side paper on both cards (P, D) were still glued down hm I have never purchase a double mint set that still had the glue in tack so it was kinda like scratching a lottery ticket when I popped the coins out of the card. Needless to say the amazing Neon rainbow sides were the ones hidden so I had no idea what a treasure I had found.

All of these coins will be heading off to NGC as soon as I get a shipment of flips I purchased and most of the other coins in the set are attractive as well including two FS nickels and so amazing rainbow toned Lincolns....but these are the real stars of the set..... :cloud9:

If I don't get a few stars out of these then I give up lol

Oh and the scary part......and some of you will not believe this statement....these images have not been enhanced color or saturation wise one bit. I took the pictures with my Cannon and cropped them and they are just this spectacular in hand. :banana:

EbaySales037.jpg

EbaySales044.jpg

EbaySales045.jpg

EbaySales050.jpg

EbaySales053.jpg

EbaySales055.jpg

EbaySales056.jpg

EbaySales059.jpg

EbaySales061.jpg

EbaySales064.jpg

EbaySales070.jpg

EbaySales072.jpg

For the record...all of the coins were resized after I loaded them up on photobucket but the site is still showing the old large size images so hopefully they will up date soon. For now we will just call these Kryptoview :acclaim:

Shane the " Kryptoview" coins look amazing. Nice find and deserving of the February "You suck Award".3_7_11v.gif

I am honored to receive this prestigious award.......do I have to prepare a speech now? hm

I am going to image some of the others coins from the set and post them here asap. :applause:

I've waited to reply until now because words like 'awesome' and 'super' do not begin to describe these coins.

For the appropriate term, I will consult a thesaurus:

Astounding, bewildering, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful, and wondrous set Shane!!!

I've waited to reply until now because words like 'awesome' and 'super' do not begin to describe these coins.

For the appropriate term, I will consult a thesaurus:

Astounding, bewildering, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful, and wondrous set Shane!!!

Outstanding, and you geta You Suck award from me. :acclaim:

First off I would like to thank my parents for giving birth to me....next I would like to thank my grandmother who gave me my first indian head cent.....next I would like to thank my blood sucking Ex wife for....... hm Ok scratch her.......and finally I would like to thank the great GODs at Ebay, for I prayed on the Paypal alter when purchasing this set and I was handsomely rewarded lol lol lol

First off I would like to thank my parents for giving birth to me....next I would like to thank my grandmother who gave me my first indian head cent.....next I would like to thank my blood sucking Ex wife for....... hm Ok scratch her.......and finally I would like to thank the great GODs at Ebay, for I prayed on the Paypal alter when purchasing this set and I was handsomely rewarded lol lol lol

~que music~

lol

nice Mint Set!

Here are the 3 pretty Lincolns......4th one from the set is untoned...which is odd but that's what makes these sets forrest gump (you never know what your going to get) :Funny;

EbaySales001.jpg

EbaySales003.jpg

EbaySales007-2.jpg

EbaySales009-1.jpg

EbaySales013-1.jpg

EbaySales015.jpg

^^

A couple of very clean 1958-D FS nickels also with a chance at a 1958 full stepper which isn't as easy to find as the 58-D. I looked at quite a few FS nickel pictures on Heritage to compare to the 1958 and I thought you couldn't have a hit on the steps but I found plenty of them that did so maybe this one has a chance hm

1958 FS?

new060.jpg

new061.jpg

1958-D MS67FS?

new064.jpg

new066.jpg

1958-D MS66FS?

new067.jpg

new069.jpg

By the way...anyone else having problems with photobucket? I keep loading up large size image and then I use their resize feature. Half of the images are shrinking and half aren't and it's completely random. When I go back into the propertise it is showing them all with the correct shrunken size but as you can see above they are showing both large and small versions which looks like *spoon*!

Nice Jeffs there Shane. I don't think these will make FS. I'm not a grader but if I'm not mistaken, there can be no breaks or merging of steps. This is the way they look to me.

#1 - Couple gouges on left and right side.

#2 - Slight gouge second and third step by second pillar from left and 5th & 6th step merges.

#3 - Looks like 3rd & 4th steps merge and also 5th & 6th step merge.

lol Adjectives fail me, just pretend I said all the ones monkeyman mentioned. Every one of those coins is fantastic!! (ok i guess fantastic is an adjective...oh well. ;) ).

EXCELLENT images there Shane, and for that matter excellent coins! :golfclap: I particularly like the P Washie.

It matches your P frankie and it should go MS67 in my estimation :banana:

MS 67 is a bit high for that Quarter. MS 66 is a better fit... Sweet set! That D QTR is WOW!