• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My arrowhead Collection & Fossils

22 posts in this topic

These came from plowed farm fields in Oklahoma. My grandma gave them to my brother and I got them from him. They are all mounted on an old silverware set lid. I've been picking up some add'l arrowheads on ebay lately to help fill in some spaces.

Post your artifact if you've got it.

53055-Arrowhead-Collection.jpg.c6b1ae8d7320a83d146c798667eea992.jpg

Here are some more arrowheads that I've picked up on ebay to fill in the spaces some. And, yep, things like this are cool. You must play with dolls if you think otherwise. :grin:

53057-arrowheads-georgia-floridabolenbevelrecurvate.JPG.c61b3b92226ec759d904915c3f2eb037.JPG

53058-arrowheads-MississippiCountyMissouri.JPG.424988bb387c2e04aca577c7ba52ad7b.JPG

589a94ffb5d93_53059-arrowheads-NORTHAFRICASAHARADESERT.JPG.e64a2d213bafad3efd38679bc85c3b5b.JPG

The shark's tooth there is pretty cool. My dad works construction in Charleston, SC, so whenever they would dig foundations my brothers and I would go climb over the mounds of dirt looking for shark's teeth. We were usually quite successful. I guess just outside of Charleston is where alot of the big ones are found.

Wow! Those are really cool, especially the big 'un! What part of the country did they come from?

And...thanks for sharing! (thumbs u

I have a fossilized EGG - Looks turtle-ish but who knows. You can see the embryo and white as it had cracked open before ..

The outer shell is the first layer

The inner 'white' is the second layer

embryo section is the dark colour

I used to have 4 Foot SNAPPERS go through my back yard .. OLD snapper egg ???

HAHAHAHAH I like the ending

53093-egg.jpg.526a109736397b3503eaf99668056739.jpg

rrantique, I have a house north of Clinton. The tornado missed it by 6 miles a couple of weeks ago.

Mike, that is an awesome fossil! Triple cool! Nice finally, too. :þ

These came mostly from s.w. ark. The largest one from south central. Found it deer hunting on a pipe line back in 1971. Between Sheridan and Fordyce. Went thru Clinton several years ago on way to Gastons on White River. Pretty country up there. (thumbs u

I have a place on Lake Millwood in s.w. part of state. (thumbs u

Indians stuff it's all over the place, where I live the reservations here are bigger than New England.We have old indians like my neighbor then antiquities like pots stone tools.Will try to get some pictures

Not fossils or arrowheads, but some quartz my wife and I found while vacationing in Hot Springs,AR last year. Well, found isn't quite the right description. We paid to dig around at one of the commercial quartz mines. Great way to spend the afternoon.

Quartz.jpg