• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coins at Milwaukee Public Museum

10 posts in this topic

When I was recently in Wisconsin, I needed to get some culture, so I went to go see Body Worlds at the Milwaukee Public Museum http://www.mpm.edu/ Once inside, we were winding are way to the show and guess what I see out of the corner of my eye…a huge “Numismatics” display of US coins. On the opposite wall there was a World Coin display of the same size.

WinterWonderland-17.jpg

Even though the coin display was small in nature, it was still like an IV transfusion for my collectable urges. My wife had to drag me away for the $22.00 per person cost to see bodies flayed like a skilled fisherman.

Overall it was pretty neat and would recommend this to anyone…Body Worlds has got to be a “must see” for medical students since the entire body system from muscles, nerves, vascular, bone, tendons…you name it is right there to examine.

We did not tour the museum, so I have no idea if there are more coin displays like the one pictured, so if anyone knows, please inform the forum.

Thanks,

~Woody~

So where are anatomy photos? ;)

No cameras, cell phones or obnoxious children were allowed in the "Body World" exhibit, so you'll have to go see for yourself...BTW, all displays were anatomically correct.

So where are anatomy photos? ;)

No cameras, cell phones or obnoxious children were allowed in the "Body World" exhibit, so you'll have to go see for yourself...BTW, all displays were anatomically correct.

That means all the parts were in the right place Bobby.ugly-men20copy.jpg36_11_6.gif

BTW, all displays were anatomically correct.

How could they not be? They are real bodies not models.

Meaning there was nothing left to the imagination, all the naughty parts were prominently displayed.

We have the same display in Cincinnati. It is really quite amazing to look at those bodies and realize that is what we all look like inside. The complexity and systematic functioning of the millions of pieces in our body is quite astounding. Having said that it is somewhat uncomfortable to gaze on and realize that these were once living breathing human beings. I am torn between the educational aspects and the ethical dilemna it presents. As a former science teacher it seems I should not have this problem but ........ it is a thought provoking exhibit .

And weren't those kidney stones just disgusting :)

Ethical dilemma? I see no ethical problems with it. These people were not killed in order to create this exhibit. I'm sure many of the bodies were donated by the person on display or their families. (We don't have too many "resurrectionists" around any more.)