• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2.5x2.5 flips - where to get non-PVC flips?

16 posts in this topic

It seems like most 2.5" x 2.5" flips (the larger ones) I see are PVC flips. Anyone know the best place to get NON-PVC versions? I know JP's corner carries them. Are they the best price? (1000 = $60).

Also, where can I get felt-lined trays that hold the 2.5" x 2.5" flips?

Thanks.

I get my flips from JP's. I don't know of another place that carries them. You might call and ask Jerry (573-735-4317) if he can get you the 2-1/2" trays. I know that Amos Advantage (800-572-6885) has trays, but I didn't see any 2-1/2's on their website. You might want to give them a call, too.

Chris

It looks like neither carries 2.5 x 2.5 display trays. Perhaps nobody makes them?
I have never seen a 2.5 x 2.5. I checked Lighthouse at lighthouse.us and they did not have one. If you are trying to do this in a case, what about getting a flat bottom to display your coins?

Scott :hi:

Chris,

You're welcome!

They have trays with all sizes of compartments.

As I said, it's a "clunky" site, but they have just about everything you'll ever need.

Insist on Saflips. Nothing else provides the same level of protection. If you don't want to spend the extra money for Saflips, at least make sure you are getting Mylar flips. Vinyl ones may not have PVC but the softeners in them can still haze or otherwise damage coins.

I believe the best price for Saflips can be found on this new site we've opened for coin collecting supplies. No clunky website here. We've got over 2000 items listed and will continue to add items until we have virtually every supply item. In the meantime, all these other items are in our "Invisible Products" category. I believe most of the prices are very competitive. We sell Saflips for less than most other companies sell the generic Mylar flips for.

WH

Try your local coin shop. I do a lot of business with Royal Coins in Houston both buying and selling. They have an excellent selection of supplies and I have purchased this type of item from them. These are excellent, knowledgeable guys to do business with, and I highly recommend them.

Two ways to get flips:

1. ANACS sells some, in a pack of 50 for $8. I have no idea if that's a good price.

See the link here: http://www.anacs.com/contentPages/Products.aspx

2. Get a "Submission Kit" from ANACS and included in the kit is a supply of FREE flips!

Request a kit at the same link (there's a phone number to call: http://www.anacs.com/contentPages/Products.aspx

To order, call 1-800-888-1861

I've requested more than one submission kit in my day.