• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold and platinum coin question from a newbie

2 posts in this topic

have been collecting gold, platinum and silver coins for a few years now but have never sent any of the un-graded coins in to be graded. I am wondering if I should ... I have a number of uncircullated modern coins (eagles, krugurrands, philharmonics, pandas etc ect) and I am wondering it is worth the money having them graded. I appreciate any opinion on this subject. Thank you.

The decision to certify or not certify is strictly a matter of personal preference. You need to first decide if it is your desire to collect coins or holders or both. Some might prefer only government holders where modern collecting is concerned, while others may want only NGC certified coins because they are more interested in the grade of the coin as determined both professionally and independently. You may want to get feedback from other forum members by posting over in the Numsmatic Tangents forum.