• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scotsman Update

9 posts in this topic

I mentioned elsewhere that I won three lots in the auction. One of them was 60 unopened 1964 Proof Sets. Well, they were unopened until I got them. I haven't completed checking for any varieties other than the Accented Hair Kennedy. I did find 4 of the AH's, and a few of the nickels have partial rim toning.

However, I do have one question for the 1c-, 5c-, 10c-, 25c- & 50c-collectors in the audience. If I were to consider having any of these graded, what would be the optimal grade necessary to make it worthwhile?

My next project will be to go through the rest of the coins more thoroughly, and then break open the 1961 & 1963 Proof Sets from one of the other two lots that I won. I'll keep you posted.

Chris

Any cameos?

Honestly, I didn't look for anything except the broken serif on the "I" in LIBERTY. That will be part of Phase 3.

Chris

This is not my niche, but unless the other coins had either outstanding color or a decent cameo it would likely not be worth submitting for certification.

For Roosevelts, NGC PR 69 cameos sell for $25-$30, ucams for around $60 on ebay. DLRC & Teletrade are slightly higher. PCGS are higher, even though they outnumber NGC almost 2 to 1.( somebody explain that one! (shrug) ) There are no 70's.

This is not my niche, but unless the other coins had either outstanding color or a decent cameo it would likely not be worth submitting for certification.

It's not mine either. I just want to get a few guidelines. Thanks, Tom!

Chris

For Roosevelts, NGC PR 69 cameos sell for $25-$30, ucams for around $60 on ebay. DLRC & Teletrade are slightly higher. PCGS are higher, even though they outnumber NGC almost 2 to 1.( somebody explain that one! (shrug) ) There are no 70's.

PCGS School of Applied Mathematics? 2+2=6.9!

Thanks, JB!

Chris

[font:Comic Sans MS]Hey, I get that. That thar is Arkansas math-a-matics![/font]

[font:Comic Sans MS]Hey, I get that. That thar is Arkansas math-a-matics![/font]

Yep, that's the relative of the veg-o-matic........................don't matter how you slice it or dice it.

Chris