• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ngc says.....

12 posts in this topic

that a 1966 ddo everything doubled on obv doesnt deserve a vp# due to its too common. this is a coin with 42 different coneca listings :) they say the label will only have "doubled profile", when they know that its not just profile doubled.

first i was told it should have a vp-001 on it,then they call back and say that it wont get 1! they dont even know what is suposed to go on slab. how do i trust them with costly coins. it has not left there facility yet so i was trying to get the number put on b4 i had to send back. does any 1 have a label like this or do you have numbers.

o and by the way this is there new pics! and yes it looks like a bad scan to me.

2523843_002o2.jpg

thanks :) if this coin had just 1 ddo i wouldnt care but this has some that are harder to find. the thing is i was told 1 minute that they put vp-001 on this coin then they call back minutes later stating that this coin will not get number. think icg will be getting this baby!

They always label this variety just as Doubled Profile. I like that policy, too, because it gets a very prominent display in the census! It's a very dramatic variety though, so it does deserve a number. At least they are recognizing it...there are many great doubled dies that NGC wont even mention.

:) im half way there :) got it recognized now i just need the number to seperate it from others. there is some with very lil doubling and some with lots :)

Well, there are 20 or 30 DDOs for 1966 SMS. Only the most dramaitc get any recognition. I don't think that just any variety that has doubling on the profile is eligable for the Doubled Profile label, but I don't know if it is just 1 die variety that gets this label, or if it is a group of very similar varieties.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The only DDO varieties NGC will recognize by number for this date/denomination are VP-001 (MS, FS-1966-001) and VP-002 (SMS, FS-1966-104). The other DDOs are simply too common and generic to merit specific distinction.

the thing is the female i talked to there even told me it should have a vp-001 and then calls back and said"THIS one wont get it"