• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does anyone know when NGC updates their census?

5 posts in this topic

It is possible that a newly graded NGC coin will show up in the following Monday's census update, but I would think a few weeks more likely. If the coin is a variety that is not already listed, expect to wait weeks to see it listed.

What I wonder is what happens when I send in to NGC for variety verification. Does the old label get deleted from the census, and the new label then entered into the system? I don't think anything gets changed.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The online census is updated every Monday, the hardcopy quarterly. All USA listings are kept up to date, as well as most world coins. We're still working on some of the world entries, as they don't all have data processing numbers yet.

A certified coin that carries a variety attribution is listed separately, and its population is not included within the general population for that date/mint/denomination. This applies also to coins which have varieties added later; the old listing is deleted from the general population.