• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My very first commem!

19 posts in this topic

Thanks all. I like it alot. I cant wait to get it in hand. Anyone care to guess a grade?

I know thats hard with pics, but its just a guess anyway...

It's hard to tell from the pics but it appears to have some wear so I'm going to say its one of those real nice AU-58's.

The Columbian commem can come with some terrific color that typically is dominated by medium-to-deep greens and blues. This coin looks quite attractive, though I think the color saturation has been pushed up in the image. It also appears to have rub on the cheek and the top of the hair, which would make me grade it AU55-58. I like it.

Well, Its a PCGS55. I have seen 55's before but nothing that screamed "buy me" Like this one. It sounds like I did ok on my first commem buy.

I think you got it at a good price as well. You paid a premium for the color, but in this case, that's a good thing :)

These can get very addicting, Adam.......alot of of them you cant get on the 'cheap', but some have very low pops. Price movements havent really budged, but it IS a gorgeous series, and yours is a nice coin...love the color!!