• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Krause Question

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I was wondering - do any of you use the online version of Krause? And if so, which catologs do you get online? I am a big fan of hard copies of books that I can hold in my hand, but being off on oil rigs for weeks at a time it is somewhat impractical to bring them out here with me. Now, usually I have internet, so the question is, do you like the online version of Krause? Is it worth it? Even if I did get the online Krause, I would probably still purchase the hard copy of the 19th century pretty soon. What do you guys think?

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis.jsp

As hefty as those books are, I would definitely opt for the online version if I were on an oil rig in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. However, at home, I'm with you. I prefer the books to online access.

Chris

I just got the DVD version of the 19th, 20th, and 21 century books and copied the files to my hard drive. The prices don't change that quickly so I don't need the online service and the DVD's were considerably cheaper than the online service. I got all three DVD's for about $75 and after a year I can still access them without having to pay for another years subscription. They only took up about 3 gigs of hard drive space and I can access them even if I don't have an internet connection.