• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF?! Shipping changed in mid purchase!!

14 posts in this topic

Did you look at the item on ebay.ca then again on ebay.com?

Is one a scam?

No... ebay.ca is ebay in Canada. The other is ebay in the US. By going to ebay.ca or any of the other countries that ebay is registered in, it will estimate charges to that country. Look at the same items at ebay.com, ebay.ca, and ebay.uk and see the slight differences in the way things look. I think you may have been looking at different country versions of the ebay site.

Scott :hi:

What I see is that one auction says it is $6.95 by Canadian Light packet to the US and the other says that it is $14.95 by Canadian stardard delivery service to locations within Canada. So it is just showing that shipping is cheaper if it is going out of the country. Probably because of the different shipping catagory.

I live right on the border and I call the Blaine WA post office the Canadian Annex because it is always overcrowded with Canadians coming across the border to ship at a lower U.S.P.S. rates. The lines are always long at this P.O., in a town of 3,000 because of postal rates. On an average day 90% of the customers are Canadian, mostly merchants with (30) parcels apiece to mail. It costs much more to ship within Canada than in the U.S.

One view you are logged into ebay and it shows the exact shipping to your zip code. The other view you are not logged in.

hm Didn't notice that. Still, pretty odd don't you think?