• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did things coins deserve being Body Bagged?

37 posts in this topic

They came back labled improperly cleaned. I guess I just missed the hairlines as they are not really visable to the naked eye. I am really confused on the Jubilee, as the only hairlines are where they show in this photo. I thought they were die polish lines since no lines show on the high points of the coin.

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

also im starting to notice that lots of cleaned coins they dont get some spots which shows dark thick dirt but none on other raised spots. in my mind if there is as much dirt or grime like in the first picture, the dark spots seem to show how dark it was b4 cleaning. the pits are very hard to get equal to the rest.

Both of those coins have been heavily abused and the cleaning is fairly evident in the images. The bear on the CA half also has hairlines, so it is not simply in the fields.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I am more disappointed in not seeing the problem than the actual bodybag. I guess I was just not paying attention when I was putting the submission together, the total submission had 12 coins and I was at least pleased with my eyes on the others: 3 Peace Dollars Top 50 vams I wanted authenticated AU58 to MS62, 4-1932S quarters that came back AU55&58 (expected EF45), a 1936 Bay Bridge MS61, and 2-1909S VDB AU53 & AU55.

Next week I find out about 23 Morgans I sent in. I am going through my collection and peeling off those items I may want to keep that are not part of my circulated series collections, so everything else can be sold.

i am sorry but they both are no brainer BB to me from the photos

and sometimes with grading being extremely subjective and also on a floating non existant standard scale not quantifiable and add for profit private investor pricing services to the mix

you got a huge varience of what or what not will be holdered or not

such is the coin game

Well since the coin is ruined you can use some lapping compound to get rid of the hair lines. Then you can resubmit the coin for grading. Odds are they will come back graded since the hair lines are now gone. I have done this many times with good success.

Well since the coin is ruined you can use some lapping compound to get rid of the hair lines. Then you can resubmit the coin for grading. Odds are they will come back graded since the hair lines are now gone. I have done this many times with good success.

Thats a Joke right hahahah Funny

I thought it was till it actually worked.

I only use AUTOMOTIVE type so it was more of a LAUGH for me than anyone else I guess :)

This is coin doctoring! THIS IS BAD!

Note to self:

Never buy anything from Errorist whether it is certified or not.

Chris

Thats a Joke right hahahah Funny

:odoh!(tsk):tonofbricks::roflmao:

Errorist, I would like an explanation of what you meant. This is serious, and I don't want to go judging you and you to loose your reputation here over a joke or something. Your posts don't seem to be joking, but I at least will give you a chance to explain yourself.

Got any pics showing us your handywork?

:mad:

:cry:

hope this is joke also. and if not i hope ngc has taken note.

:mad:

:cry:

hope this is joke also. and if not i hope ngc has taken note.

hahah Now we have to measure the DEPTH of the devices and fields OMG

This is coin doctoring! THIS IS BAD!

AH! It is no different than getting a coin dipped by any major coin certification company.

Note to self:

Chris

I'm in agreement with you! :eek:

Note to self:

Chris

I'm in agreement with you! :eek:

Ditto as above ...

A Dip does not take off the extreme layer that you are talking about with lapping compound. (tsk)

It still does it though! Anyways, I have never done it. I wanted to see what your reaction was.

"Well since the coin is ruined you can use some lapping compound to get rid of the hair lines. Then you can resubmit the coin for grading. Odds are they will come back graded since the hair lines are now gone. I have done this many times with good success"

(jgrinz) a joke

"I thought it was till it actually worked"

"AH! It is no different than getting a coin dipped by any major coin certification company."

I am sorry but after a review your last comments _ I am highly suspect of your credibility

It still does it though! Anyways, I have never done it. I wanted to see what your reaction was.

"Well since the coin is ruined you can use some lapping compound to get rid of the hair lines. Then you can resubmit the coin for grading. Odds are they will come back graded since the hair lines are now gone. I have done this many times with good success"

(jgrinz) a joke

"I thought it was till it actually worked"

"AH! It is no different than getting a coin dipped by any major coin certification company."

I am sorry but after a review your last comments _ I am highly suspect of your credibility

I am very credible ask anyone here. All my cracked coins are credible and are authentic and I have never ripped anyone off.

I don't know what to believe. But this seems fishy. I like you, you get into some cool stuff with the errors and all. However, if you do doctor coins, that is unacceptable, at least in these parts.