• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what would you grade this coin

11 posts in this topic

Here are two coins graded from NGC what would you grade them . the one that is graded a 62 but has fine lines on the back of the coin where the number one is. this lines are polishing marks but can only be seen as such with a 15 or 17x loop .NGC only uses a 5x loop and that is what they told me when i called them about this grade. now i will be charged another $32 plus ship & ins. the coin is only worth $155.00 in unc . what do you think? hpim1042hpim1031

so r you saying they didnt grade how you wanted them so you are sending back or did they give a low grade and say they will do higher????

Icelandman - welcome to the forum.

It looks like you are trying to post pictures that are on your computer. To show them here you must first upload them to an internet host and then post the URL between [/img] markers. If they meet the size limits you can make them attachments to your post.

welcome icelandman...I hope to see the pics..I'm very curious....try adding them to photobucket and then using the url...or if the images are in your computer...simply use "File Manager" at the bottom of the screen...very easy that way..

Well I'm going to try again. Now to recap what i was trying to say before that i have a 1925 1 krona graded ms-62 and that is the coin with the two shiny sides and the other two pic's are of another 1925 1 krona coin graded ms64 now the first one has very fine lines on the front of the coin but can not be seen on this pic's . under a 5x loop you see them as scratches but under a 17x loop you see them as polishing marks. From the pic's and what i have stated here what do you think. thank you for reading my post and for any help you can give me and thanks to those that helped me in learning how to post pic's.

52827-HPIM1042.JPG.582e20e4ad5a9dc4ddddef24f63cba23.JPG

52828-HPIM1031.JPG.76051c3693f8104dd423a95c06ab4a4c.JPG

52830-1925back.jpg.af5e5b74f9fc5b4c086c310024ffa4c1.jpg

52831-ice1925f.jpg.50a971a1c2746bcfe5b488fb65308f29.jpg

Based solely on your pictures, I would put the top one at a very high end MS-64 or maybe 65. The second one looks to have not so great eye appeal (the streaks and splotches are detracting), and somewhat subdued luster. While 62 might be a little low for it, I would not expect to see it any higher than 63, on a good day. Now, mind you, grading from pictures is tricky business. My opinion might change completely if I were to hold the coin in my hand.

Hi Physis-Fan3.14 Thank You for your Help. I agree with you . I guess that NGC mistook the polishing marks as srcatches since they ( from what ngc told me) they only use a 5x loop to look at the coins they are grading. I think that why they gave it a 62. Well any way thanks again for your help.

the top coin is a 62?...I have no idea why from the pics...that is an attractive coin, and unless they had a suspicion it was cleaned but weren't quite sure so gave it a low end grade but slabbed...it looks way better...if the surfaces are original I'd go with a 65