• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else have trouble with NGC orders?

6 posts in this topic

These are the two kinds of problems I tend to consistently have:

1. NGC makes you submit different kinds of orders (Service Levels/Tiers for instance) on different invoices, BUT tells you that you can have them returned at the same time to save postage and insurance, and that this can be done IN MOST CASES.

2. Almost always, I submit more than once invoice in a box to save postage when submitting. When using the online form, I select the box which indicates that I'd rather have all my orders shipped together. However, my orders are NEVER (100% of the time) returned at the same time. They are always returned individually, resulting in significantly higher postage and shipping charges.

:o

3. On the invoices where I submitted Modern (Imaging) and elected to pay the $3 per coin for NGC to photograph my coins, I've had two invoices out of three (that's a 66% failure rate for me) in which the coins were sent WITHOUT being imaged. One of the invoices had SIXTY-FIVE COINS. If you do the math on the coins submitted, vs. coins on which an error was made, i think their 33% success rate would get worse. Unfortunately, these 2 out of 3 invoices are NOT the first time NGC has failed to image coins before returning them to me, even when imaging was clearly selected using the online form.

:censored:

HAVE OTHERS ENCOUNTERED THIS?

For the record, I am really not trying to turn this into an NGC basing thread, because frankly, I think for the most part, they are a high quality TPG.

Further, I'll ask in advance for others NOT to turn this thread into an NGC basing thread, but instead to stick to the "trouble with orders" matter at hand, either of the kind I describe, or perhaps of another nature that is similarly repetitive but costly.

(shrug)

However, with ALL the quality controls that are supposed to be in place, I wonder how SO many invoices can slip by without being imaged.

Further, I wonder WHY the invoices never seem to combine-ship.

It seems they are supposed to, and it seems that I am not the ONLY one whose faced, at least, the shipping dilemma... see the "ASK NGC" section:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1525681&page=3#Post1525681

Comments?

rantrant

If i don't physically write "please ship with invoices # & # " on each invoice, they will be shipped seperately. Writing on the invoices has eliminated that very frustrating problem for me.

Well, that's ONE problem, and one a recent submission, after finding that posting (since the instructions when submitting the online form don't even HINT that this is necessary), I did this (what you just mentioned) in BRIGHT ORANGE, GREEN and YELLOW HIGHLIGHTER -- on EVERY SINGLE PAGE of EVERY INVOICE. I am on pins and needles to see if it has any effect.

The online forms just ask if you want them submitted together, you say yes, and you think it should happen! Or is that a whacky notion? :screwy:

I'm sorry, but when you send so many invoices, not the least of which is one with 65 coins, where they were SUPPOSED to image the coins and they "forget" to do that, and the invoice total comes out to basically $1,000.00 (submitted with FOUR other invoices, with their totals to add), I mean come on. Ok, I realize that in the great scheme of coin submitters, I'm not the BIGGEST customer by a long shot, but I'm not the bank customer with the $5 checking account balance either.

I mentioned my tale of woe to someone when I was out this evening, and the first question posed to me: How many coins DO THEY LOSE? I didn't even grasp the question the first time he asked. It took twice for me to even get it to sink in. I never thought it possible that NGC could lose coins, and they tell you it isn't. They describe ALL the quality control measures they have in place to track the processing of your order from beginning to end.

However, with ALL these QUALITY CONTROLS in place, the fact remains that 2 out of 3 my invoices where imaging was selected did NOT get imaged, and it's not the first time that it's happened to me. If THAT quality control can fail, it just makes me wonder, what else can go wrong? They are human after all. hm

As much as I am griping a bit, because admittedly I am frustrated, I TRULY don't want this to be an NGC bashing thread, and I hope it will not devolve into such.

However, I really do wonder if it's just me, or if these things happen to others?

Years ago, someone asked me: Why do these things always seem to happen to you?

The same question was posed to a dear friend, who also seemed to get more than her fair share of trials and tribulations.

She and I discussed this at some length.

Ultimately, we concluded that cosmically, these things happened to us because WE were able to deal with them, and the hope was that WE would deal with them, so that someone who came after us wouldn't have to, someone perhaps who may be less equipped to deal with the same issues. Maybe a senior citizen who isn't as good at fighting with the insurance company, whatever the case may be. We get the issue, we pave the way to fix the problem, and hopefully someone else won't have to deal with it next time.

Unfortunately, this problem seems chronic, at least in my case. Perhaps not chronic, but repetitive at least.

rantrant

I've Been reading a lot about this happening lately to people, I kindof feel bad.......

It Gets me worried with my recent Submission of 2 invoices in 1 package to be shipped back together, Hopefully It should turn out ok....

I'm Having the Commeratives NOT Imaged But the 2006 Gold Eagle Set Imaged.........

I'll Let you know if It something wrong should happen tho! :gossip:

However On my First Submission I sent 2 Invoices together(In My Recent Journal, "My First Submission Back"), I had submitted 2 MS A.S.E, 1 2006 PF A.S.E Under "Modern" and 2, A.S.E 2008 Proofs under "Modern Special". I had the Invoice Select the 2008 Proofs Be Imaged, shipped together, but the First Invoice not be imaged. For the most part they did everything they were suppose to, Imaged the 2 PF70s and Not the 3 69s on the other invoice, and they were all shipped back together.... hm

Be sure you check your email settings(McAfee/Norton antivirus also), as I had an order with NGC to be photographed and never received the photos(at least I didn't think that I had). Turned out that my email 'PROTECTOR' stopped me from getting the pics and stored them in a 'doofus' file. NOT NGC's fault. Just a little info as what can go wrong. Good luck with your orders.

Jim

Be sure you check your email settings(McAfee/Norton antivirus also), as I had an order with NGC to be photographed and never received the photos(at least I didn't think that I had). Turned out that my email 'PROTECTOR' stopped me from getting the pics and stored them in a 'doofus' file. NOT NGC's fault. Just a little info as what can go wrong. Good luck with your orders.

Jim

Thanks, though we're cool there: I have the email addresses from Donnell Hagen and others at NGC in my address book, just for good measure, and for years I've received images (when they do them) without a problem of blocking from my ISP, firewall, or otherwise.

I also, for good measure, check my SPAM folder a couple of times PER DAY, just to be sure nothing ends up there that shouldn't.

P.S. I've actually heard from NGC to say that they didn't image the coins, so that was the actual clincher.

I freak out when the online status changes to "Finalized/Imaged/Shipped" and I haven't gotten images, AND then when I get the email with that Registered Mail number, and then when I try to head it off by saying "But wait, stop the package! It looks like you didn't image my coins!" Nope, you're right, the package was shipped without imaging.

:censored: