• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many coins is this guy going to ruin?

11 posts in this topic

I purposely did not bid on any of this seller's auctions because his use of lighting and angle is used to hide something. I didn't want to find out what.

I notice that he is getting high multiples of feedback from few individuals. The coins all look whizzed. I can not believe that anyone would give him positive feedback, based on the coins that he is selling.

The images are so poor and overexposed that it is tough to determine what the coins might look like, though there is no chance I would bid on any of these.

Well he's ruined quite a few coins, but one of the big advertizers in Coin World undoubtedly holds the world's record. He should have motto for his firm that reads, "The whizzer dealer."

I'm glad I'm not the only one outraged. It's more the sheer volume that is being processed here that infuriates me.

Quick math: 100 coins whizzed/cleaned per week, for 52 weeks is 5,200 coins a year! And that just one ebay vendor.

Do you think an email to this guy, telling him that his coins are being discussed on the forum might have an impact?

Do you think an email to this guy, telling him that his coins are being discussed on the forum might have an impact?

No. He's driven by money, not love of coins. Sadly, a lot of folks who know no better will buy his "shiny old coins".

Makes me sick to my stomach.

Lance.

As a dealer I can tell you that there are a lot of collectors out there who want their silver coins to be white. You can't change most of them. Believe me, I've tried. The best you can do is lead them toward coins that have been properly dipped and go from there.

Dealing only in NGC and PCGS graded coins helps. Those companies won't grade the stuff that has been ruined, and that's a help.