• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else having trouble with coins already at ANACS?

3 posts in this topic

I sent a bunch of coins already graded by ANACS to be reholdered in the beginning of december. Got ahold of them in january after their big move, and they were scheduled to be reholdered, etc. etc. :blahblah:

Got a phone call last week that they won't reholder them now because the old holders aren't damaged and they're shipping them back after doing nothing. :censored:

Credit card was billed for all of this in december; it's now the middle of february and no coins back yet.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Got a phone call last week that they won't reholder them now because the old holders aren't damaged and they're shipping them back after doing nothing. :censored:

I find this interesting. When ANACS first introduced it's new holder (the old, new holder) JT made it clear that any coin sent in for reholder would also be regraded. They said they wanted the new holders to represent a new stricter standard and all coins put in the new holders had to be checked to make sure they met that standard.

I sent in a batch of around 20 coins to be reholdered and three of them were downgraded and a couple were upgraded. Later I sent in a dozen or so more and had another 2-3 downgraded before being put in the new holders. While this second batch was in for reholder, JT left ANACS. Both times ANACS compensated me for the downgrades but was a bit more generous when JT was there.

About a year ago I sent in a third small batch of coins for reholder. In this group I thought one of the coins was a no-brainer downgrade for cleaning and a couple more were likely to get downgraded. All the coins came back at the same grade as no problem coins. I suspect that ANACS simply quit doing the regrade and just put them in new holders.

Now it seems they have quietly changed their policy again and just won't reholder coins unless the old holders are damaged. I guess this keeps the older problem coins out of the new holders while keeping them from paying out on the grade guarantee. Maybe you just need to chip, crack and scuff up the holders a bit and send them back in.

At this point I think I would just keep them in the older holders. There were always some problem coins in the older holders and I thought the newer holders would keep these out and gain more respect. But I have seen just as many coins with issues in the new holders and I don't think they add any value to the coin. In some circumstances the newer holders detract, especially with moderns.

At this point I think I would just keep them in the older holders.

(thumbs u

Had I known in advance the pliers would have went to work on each and every one. :insane:

I'm just pissed that I'm getting stroke out of registered shipping both ways because of some BS "change in policy" to get back the same thing I sent in.

What a bunch of clowns. :makepoint: