• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Know what this Pedigree means .... ???

5 posts in this topic

IS the COIN VAULT on TV ?? (shrug)

c1ee_12.JPG

Doubtful, I don't think they'd want to shoot themselves in the foot like that - they at least know where their bread is buttered, and marketing their OWN special labels is probably not it.

That said, best suggestion? Ask NGC, either by calling them or posting it in the ASK NGC forum and see if they can answer.

Perhaps some large collector, or frankly, doesn't it sound like a company that would HOLD gold investments or something "US Vault Collection" -- I am just throwing wild notions into the wind. Asking NGC is probably the most direct road to the answer.

The L/M almost makes me think "Life Member" for someone who belonged to whatever this organization is... (again, guessing out of turn).

Let us know what you find...

I do not know what that pedigree is but frankly, I think that most of the pedigrees on slabbed coins are meaningless. Its one thing to add one for a really famous collection such as John J. Ford, Pittman, Garrett, Eliasburg or the upcoming Millenium collection but most of the others are either a limited speciality or one that most collectors have never heard of.

I agree that there is no harm and that someone might do it say, for their registry set, but they are not worth a premium.

Found this if you didnt see it in a google search

http://www.setexasrecord.com/news/196673-judge-may-order-mediation-in-coin-company-fraud-case

UNITED STATES RARE COIN & BULLION RESERVE INC.,

U.S. MONEY RESERVE,

CAPITOL MINT,

PROVIDENCE RARE COINS,

U.S. VAULT COLLECTION,

Annette Renaud, Milton Verrett, Tony Califa