• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't think NGC awarded the STAR designation to coins less than MS63?

27 posts in this topic

I started a post about the change a week or so ago. I am wondering what their criteria will be for giving the Star to circulated coins, as their current definition is specifically geared toward high grade MS coins.

It's pretty, but when you get to the grade of MS61 there are too many marks/tics for my taste. Makes a large coin like the Morgan too distracting in its faults vs its attractive luster and/or color.

It's pretty, but when you get to the grade of MS61 there are too many marks/tics for my taste. Makes a large coin like the Morgan too distracting in its faults vs its attractive luster and/or color.

Looks better than most the ones I buy lol

I think this one would change your mind

Untitled-4-3.jpg

trev.jpg

t.jpg

Very old topic, but I'll add my NGC EF-40* to the mix, just to show they do put stars on circulated coins:

Bah...forget those starred coins. Go find an upgrade for this in AU58 or something and sell ME this one. :devil:

jom