• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesome cherrypicking at the Houston TNA show!

5 posts in this topic

I went to the TNA show Saturday in Houston with a couple of friends. We got there around 10:30, and I started looking for varieties to cherrypick right away. At the second table, I found this 1944-D walker with the hand-engraved designer's initials, FS-901, in high EF. Needless to say, I was elated, and had the show ended then, I would've been happy:

44dwalkerobv.jpg

44dwalkerrev.jpg

At another table, I came across this nice 1921-D VAM 1-L2...this is an R-6 VAM:

21dvam1l2obv.jpg

21dvam1l2rev.jpg

Then, I hit the mother lode. At another table, there was a double-row box of Ikes in 2X2's. 2/3 of them were 1971-D's. Hoping to cherry my third RVD-006 (Friendly Eagle Variety), I started looking. A few coins in, I found one. A few coins later, I found another, and then another, and still more. When I finished searching the box (twice), I had found 8(!) RDV-006's, all uncirculated! I couldn't believe it! These must've been the remnants of a roll, because they were all similar in appearence and die state- they all had a large crack through 'UNITED':

ikes.jpg

As if this wasn't enough, between two other tables, came the icing on the cake- a total of 5 type B reverse Washies! All in all, it was the most successful show I have ever had cherrypicking, and I didn't even spend all of my money!

typeb.jpg

FYI, and not to take away from your cherypicking enjoyment, but is my opinion based on experience that VAM rarities (particularly the 1921s) are way overblown.

Still neat coins, and I really like the Ikes -- the golden hue is very attractive on them. So congrats on the newps...MIke

great picking on the Walker....I don't know if there are many of us but I like to look for the Walker varieties and the handcarved initials 44-D is a prize...if you ever get another, please PM me with a price...