• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goldberg-Millenia Collection auction

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on the Millenia Collection auction by Ira & Larry Goldberg?...It is supposed to be the biggest (highest value) world coin auction/sale in the history of numismatics.

I'd love a catalog or on-line reference so that I could look for sailing ship coins...I think the dates are May 24-28..... I might be able to put aside enough for a real special coin by then...

Yeah, I can't wait for this one. I haven't seen too much in the way of catalogs yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Just checked their website, it has this message - "To Pre-order a special-edition catalogue, call 1-800-978-2646 "

I receive Goldberg's catalogues and though this has not come out yet, they did send me a promotional brochure.

It is divided into five sections: Ancient, English, European, Latin America and everywhere else. To say that this collection is absolutely awesome is a modest understatement. The combination of rarity, quality and eye appeal is unbelievable. There are so many coins in this sale that would be among the highlights of many others, it seems hard to believe that one collection has them all. I'm a collector of Pillars and the collection is so good, it did not even bother to include any of the Peru 8 reales.

Unfortunately, almost all of them are gold or crown sized, at least outside the ancients. I think the pickings will be real slim for anything less than $5000 or so though I cannot be sure. Also, because of the publicity, there is a real risk in overpaying substantially for an item that might bring a lower price in a sale with less exposure.