• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Help Please?

8 posts in this topic

I just got this gold coin..I've looked through my Krause under Austria and Hungary...can't seem to find this exact coin...is it a pattern? a re-strike maybe? is dated 1915..around 20/21 mm's..and thin, only 1 mm...thanks in advance for the help..

PS: it is gold-I'm sure..

oops..forgot the pic..my brain decided to take the day off it appears..

Aha!!!!

thanks for the picture.

if you notest there is no denomination on the coin as it is classed as Trade coinage

Ducat. 3.4909g., 0.9860 Gold .1106 oz AGW Ruler: Franz Joseph I of Austria

and is classed as a re-strike (996,721) were struck from 1920 - 1936

there was also a 1915 re-strike (proof) minted. which i have never seen but yours is the best condition i have come across as most seem to have been put into rings and things and are scratched to bits

all the best dooly :devil:

thank you dooly..I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share that knowledge that so many members of our community exhibit... (thumbs u

These coins are still being struck even today by the Austrian Mint. The 1 ducat, 4 ducat dated 1915 and the Maria Theresa thaler dated 1780 - all still being made.