• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Mexico coins experts out there?

8 posts in this topic

Hey, guys. Yet another question from RI AL.

This Mexican coin is listed with 3 varieties; normal date, 1913/17 and 1913/2. Well...not being real good with overdates...I'm guessing that this is the 1913/2 variety but I sure as heck can't tell for sure. Any thoughts??

Thanks...as always. RI AL

mexbig.jpg

Man...I messed that up. SORRY, Dooly.

The options are 1913 regular date, 1913/07 or 1913/2. I'll blame it on these gul-darned cataracts again...3 weeks to go before they do!!!

How did you get your drawing of the 7 onto the image? You're so darned smart!

Ri AL

Man...I messed that up. SORRY, Dooly.

The options are 1913 regular date, 1913/07 or 1913/2. I'll blame it on these gul-darned cataracts again...3 weeks to go before they do!!!

How did you get your drawing of the 7 onto the image? You're so darned smart!

Ri AL

I wondered should have checked it out myself

i have had a scout around and could only find a 1912 to compare it to what do you think.. i still stick by the 7 and i think you have the rarer 1913 over 1907 when you compare the 2 in the 1912 one.. also there were two types of seven used on the 1907 (straight and curved)

1913.jpg

W_MEXICO_50C_19121.jpg

sorry for messing about with your image sometimes i just cannot help myself lol

Hey, Dooly.

No, I thank you for "messing with my images". Your illustration showed me how the overdate might be read. Thanks.

That's a sharp lookin' 1912 you've got there!.

RI AL

Hey, Physics..

I have to agree with you and Doley and his neat superimposed image of the 7. The problem is, in order for the 3 to be over a 7, the second 1 has to be over a 0. There is some lumpy stuff on both sides of the 1, but someone had to do a darned good job at the mint getting rid of the 0 because it really doesn't show.

Oh well...I'll go with the 3/7 too so it looks like 1913/07 wins by popular vote.

Thanks for the time and input, Guys.!!

RI Al

Hey, Physics..

I have to agree with you and Doley and his neat superimposed image of the 7. The problem is, in order for the 3 to be over a 7, the second 1 has to be over a 0. There is some lumpy stuff on both sides of the 1, but someone had to do a darned good job at the mint getting rid of the 0 because it really doesn't show.

Oh well...I'll go with the 3/7 too so it looks like 1913/07 wins by popular vote.

Thanks for the time and input, Guys.!!

RI Al

Cheers (thumbs u

If you think about it the die makers for the 13 would have had to remove as much as they could from the 0 but could probably get away with little work with the 7 so the "little" lumps are probably whats left of the 0.. send it to NGC and VP it and see what they come up with

all the best dooly :devil: