• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man...that's GOTTA' hurt! 'Right in the denticles!!

4 posts in this topic

Hey, Guys.

Wow. 20 degrees today and real windy here in the RI sticks. Every now and then I miss my "growing up in Miami" days...today is one of those days.

Thought I would try the microscope today on this piece. I never quite understood the "75 in denticles" label...but I was able to see on 6 zillion power that in fact part of the numbers really got there!! How did that happen??? I can understand how the s/s happens...but the denticle thing has me confused.

I discovered a 1200 DPI setting today (I think that is what it is) so PLEASE excuse pixs if they come out as big as highway billboards. I am still trying to get sharp detail close ups like you guys do...but not having much luck.

20centbig.jpg

20centrev.jpg

RI Al

The 75 in the denticles happens exactly the same way as the S/S does - things like that were punched by hand. So the punch guy set down his glass of Jack Daniels and when he went to punch it "the punch slipped" or some other likely story.

The 75 in the denticles happens exactly the same way as the S/S does - things like that were punched by hand. So the punch guy set down his glass of Jack Daniels and when he went to punch it "the punch slipped" or some other likely story.

He was a punch drunk puncher.

Chris

That Jack Daniels will do it to ya' every time, huh?

Chris...I like that,,,punch drunk puncher..I'll have to remember that when I'm in my next bar room brawl...or 6...

Ri Al