• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a double die Ike?

19 posts in this topic

Am i missing something here. It says 1975 proof set. But pictures a 1976. (shrug)

Yes you are :)

In 1975 there was ONLY a Penny , Nickel and Dime Produced for that year -

The quarter , Half and Dollar were the Bicentennial issues and were release in 1975 for the Bicentennial Year 1976

Am i missing something here. It says 1975 proof set. But pictures a 1976. (shrug)

Yes you are :)

In 1975 there was ONLY a Penny , Nickel and Dime Produced for that year -

The quarter , Half and Dollar were the Bicentennial issues and were release in 1975 for the Bicentennial Year 1976

Thanks Mike, So a tri-year bicentennial proof set. hm

I see that auction closed...was it you who won?

Will you be submitting it to NGC to find out if it is one of the DDO?

Ike lover here, though only learning about all the variations. There was a LONG article in a recent issue of The Numismatist about the Ike variants. It was actually a little tedious, and I had trouble seeing some of the things that were supposed to be so obvious.

I guess I just don't have "the eye."

Thank the gods for TPGs.

(worship)

Not machine doubling.....looks like clear separation as opposed to a shelf running along the primary numbers. It's not very impressive even under magnification but I am 100% sure it's a true DDO.

Scratch that....I am not 100% sure because the images aren't great....but I do believe it to be a DDO.

Machine doubling looks nothing like this. Its clear seperation. All you need to do is look at the serifs. It looks not even remotely close to machine doubling.

I know sometimes its tough to determine which one, but this one is not.