• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Washington Dollar - PROOFLIKE ???

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen a prooflike George Washington Dollar.

When the George Washington Dollar was released - I purchased as many rolls I could from my local bank ( I took them all ) - I went through them and returned what were sub standard in my eyes.

This coin was one of the first found and after 20 or so rolls later - it was the finest I had seen. What are you thoughts YAY or NAY to Prooflike - NGC has certified (2) specimens a MS64 and a MS66.

52475-geo_pl.jpg.60c8a05db622af6bd2bdf31f2e02e75f.jpg

It's closer to being prooflike than any of the GW's that I've seen. The surfaces are much nicer, as well. I'm not sure how many rolls that I've been through, but I have yet to find one that I would grade above MS 64. :(

It's closer to being prooflike than any of the GW's that I've seen. The surfaces are much nicer, as well. I'm not sure how many rolls that I've been through, but I have yet to find one that I would grade above MS 64. :(

I have three coins that have been sitting in flips that I have been waiting to get some packages together to send to NGC. If you can't tell I was doing that ALL day today. Organizing - Finding - Oh yeah I have one of those - Invoicing - Finding duplicates to sell ... Kinda days.

The 3 that are going in are virtually flawless in hit marks. This one stood out becuase of the reverse is amazing. Time will tell.

Ok ay call me crazy - I am using my coupon for 3 GEO's a Morgan and a 66 Kennedy heheh - Ya think I could find something better to use it on ...

How much do you think they (NGC) will take off for the rim hits?

If they are consistant as with SAC's not too badly.

They take into consideration where these were IN Bags banging against each other

or going through a roller machine for rolls.