• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I do not believe I have shared this set with you yet - Mod *spoon* Haters BYPASS :)

15 posts in this topic

I am going through my sets to organize what to send to NGC - I have my 5 Free certifications I have not used yet PLUS I have relabbing to do into multi holders AND I have a FEW cherry Picks to send in from George Rolls and SBA Mint sets and I got to flipping though my Multi Coin Holder Collection and Found this ... I love this set and did not remember weather I shared it with you guys yet ... What will boggle your mind is in Total I spent $250 on this set a while ago .. Do a search for SP70 NGC on Ebay ... yikes ... I did not expect that when I looked ...

52454-sp70_1.jpg.b637369e2936a17bcaf716635c012106.jpg

52455-sp70_2.jpg.d5ebdb2c88efe9b65cabd16e0134fb74.jpg

I think I got that same set in my change yesterday...

You got $2000 in your change yesterday .. geez I wanna hang where you hang :)

I couldn't help but reply when wrote "haters bypass..." lol

I couldn't help but reply when wrote "haters bypass..." lol

:cloud9:

As a charter member of the Mod *spoon* haters club, I have to say that I have never disliked these coins. In fact I have two of the three in my collection. The one I’m missing is the 1997 nickel, which was the first of the “limited edition” coins that were issued under *spoony* circumstances. I’m still irked at the way the mint handed the Botanical Gardens sets. It launched a truly *spoony* policy of issuing contrived rarities.

The thing I like about these coins is that they throw backs to the by-gone era of Matte Proofs. Only the half dollar is an official Matter Proof, but they are still examples of another method of making special coins for collectors.

I'm still an ardent admirer of these three coins. If they ever decided to make a slot for these coins in their respective albums then you'd see their values shoot up ten fold. I am still amazed that these coins have been stagnate for so long. Eventually, the market will catch up to these scarce issues. After all, the Kennedy has but a 60K mintage and the '97 nickel has but 25K. Come on now, in this age then these are incredibly scarce for such an issue! I'm still convinced that these coins are packed with loaded potential! The 70 grade is especially nice. Sweet set!!

That is very cool. Does your 1994 Jefferson show some of the typical lilac and gold toning on the reverse that these are often found with from sets? hm

I must be out of the loop. What is a "specimen" coin, and why does the grade say "SP"?

These three coins were from Special Commemorative Sets

sporting a special frost / matte finish

1994 Jefferson Nickel from the Jefferson Dollar Commemorate set

(167,703 Produced )

1997 Jefferson Nickel from the Botanical Gardes Commemorative set

(25,000 Produced )

1998 Kennedy Half ( True Matte Finish ) Kennedy Commemorative Two Coin Set

(60,??? ) I have not found a firm figure does anyone have this number ?

That is very cool. Does your 1994 Jefferson show some of the typical lilac and gold toning on the reverse that these are often found with from sets? hm

I really like this toning. Mine has it. :luhv:

I've bid on a few of the Kennedy's just to have (haven't won any tho). You might have inspired me to put a set like this together myself is SP69. The 70's are a little more that I'm willing to spend. I'm getting a little burned out on chasing commems for my set...